If you’re having trouble saving a down payment, a USDA Rural Development mortgage may be the perfect road to home ownership. The Single Family Housing Guaranteed Loan Program helps lenders work with low and moderate income families living in rural areas to make homeownership a reality. And many areas that are eligible are actually more suburban than you’d expect. Living in a rural area has it’s perks however, internet can be an issue, that is why searching online at https://www.satelliteinternetnow.com/rural-internet/ can help to keep rural areas connected.
Here are some details of the program:
- Low or no down payment
- Low interest rate
- Funds can be used to build, repair, renovate or relocate a home, or to purchase and prepare sites, including providing water and sewage facilities.
- Closing costs and reasonable and customary expenses associated with the purchase may be included in the loan if the appraisal permits
- Meet income-eligibility
- Agree to personally occupy the dwelling as their primary residence
- Be a U.S. Citizen, U.S. non-citizen national or Qualified Alien
- Have the legal capacity to incur the loan obligation
- Purchase a property that meets all program criteria
- All dwellings financed must provide decent, safe, and sanitary housing and be modest in size, design, and cost.
- Generally, rural areas with a population less than 35,000 are eligible.
To learn more about this program and the areas that qualify, contact CLG today!